[mythtv-users] Failure to connect to the master backend at first... then no problem...

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 17:26:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have strange problem on Gentoo. I am running the 0.20 release (or
the ebuild that is named  0.20_p11281) and I get a strange error at
the startup of MythTV.. A popup says that it is having problem
connecting to the master backend. Then, the focus goes somewhere else,
so I cannot just push the Enter equivalent on the remote, but have to
plug in a keyboard and press enter.

Now, however, everything is fine and the frontend connects to the
backend correctly. How could this be??? I changed nothing in the
settings between the startup and the pushing of the Enter key, but
some how the two situations are widely different?

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

/Fredrik

--

"Give up learning, and put an end to your troubles."

My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/