[mythtv-users] Upscaling standalone DVD vs. MythTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 16 17:18:03 UTC 2007

On 02/16/2007 09:07 AM, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 2/17/07, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
>> you can use timestretch on DVD's in Myth?!?  i thought you could only
>> use timestretch for Myth recorded content...
>> very cool. :)
> Provided you're using the internal player and not Xine or mplayer, yeah.
> Also works for videos. It's quite amusing with music videos actually...

Actually, it works with (a properly compiled) xine, too.  There's an
audio postprocessor called "stretch".  If you set the stretch factor
(which isn't times real-time play back, but duration after
stretching--i.e. 0.5 is 2x playback), you have full control over the
playback speed.

Oh, I should also mention that it seems many distros do not seem to
build the stretch filter for xine...

Mike