[mythtv-users] Where do these expiry calls come from?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 16 17:13:54 UTC 2007

On 02/16/2007 06:26 AM, Dave M G wrote:
>  From my perspective, which is by no means expert, there is no
> indication in the output to indicate an error that would account for the
> incorrect OSD display.
>
> That would suggest, from your comment above, that the problem lies in
> the expirer code...? However, I'm not sure that the expirer code can be
> the whole story, because why would the code that drives the expiry of
> programs have an influence on the OSD for when one changes a channel?

In other words, there are multiple places in the code that make
assumptions about the need for a latin character set...multiple places
that need fixing before it's safe to remove the requirement that Myth
use a database configured for the latin1 character set (and the line in
the DB check that converts the database).

Mike