[mythtv-users] lirc broken?

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:31:20 UTC 2007

i saw this error the other day.  for me it was because i'm using an
ati remote and the kernel ati_remote driver was loading before lirc.
this was with lirc 0.8.1 though i know that with older versions lirc
would still create /dev/lirc0 even though ati_remote was loaded.

once i removed and blacklisted the ati_remote module lirc was able to
create all the devices just fine.  if you don't have an ati_remote
then maybe something els is loading before lirc and preventing it from
making the correct devices.