[mythtv-users] Strange Issue with Myth and HDHomeRun

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:08:49 UTC 2007

> I'm still grossly underwhelmed by my first New England winter. (I'm
> in Tyngsboro, MA, just south of Nashua, NH). I even drove my sedan
> (Volvo S40) to work today, rather than taking the family people mover
> (Chevy Tahoe).

I live in Tewksbury, MA; probably about 15 minutes south of you by highway.
Be careful what you wish for.  We've been known to get hit with snow storms
right through March and sometimes even into April.

Are you running the latest firmware on your HDHR? The original
> firmware on mine (got it just a few days ago) had lots of video
> artifact issues that are completely gone w/the latest firmware.

Definitely up to date with the firmware.  I've made sure to keep that
current right through the whole process.

> I'm curious what ethereal/wireshark might have seen with that sis900
> NIC...

I didn't discount your idea of using ethereal/wireshark to troubleshoot;
it's just that I've never been great at deciphering the output.  Wouldn't
take much to switch back to the sis900 for another test.  I could send you
the output if you like.