[mythtv-users] LIRC transmitter

me at blaue0.net me at blaue0.net
Thu Feb 15 16:08:54 UTC 2007

Hello,

I searched the mailing lists and so on, but I don't think I have found
an answer. What I'm trying to do is the following: I want to controll
two settop boxes of the exact same type with two serial infrared
transmitters from irblaster.info.

I currently have the receiver connected to /dev/ttyS0 on the
motherboard and I have a spare PCI serial port card lying around here.
I think it should work with the 8250 module of the stock kernel.

What I don't know is if I need a special LIRC driver for the
transmitters or if I will be able to use the transmitters with -d
/dev/ttyS1 respectivly /dev/ttyS2?

And: If I needed a special driver, can this driver use two
transmitters at the same time without problems (i.e. sending the same
code on both heads...).

// Christian