[mythtv-users] Something I'm missing about how to watch a previously recorded program?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 23:52:37 UTC 2007

On 14/02/07, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> Last night for the first time I schedule a show to record. This morning
> I checked to see if it had worked.
>
> I went to TV->Watch Recordings, and looked at the list. The show doesn't
> seem to be there. All that's in the list of recordings there are random
> snippets of automatic recordings from when I've been watching live TV. I
> suppose these are the clips it records to enable the ability to pause
> and rewind live TV.

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

(Sorry if the line wraps badly, the wiki anchor names can be very long).

> I then went to TV->Previously Recorded, and the show that I had chosen
> to record is there. But here in this interface, when I select the show
> (it's the only one in the list), and press "OK", I get an interface that
> says "Note: removing items from this list will not delete any
> recordings". At the bottom of the screen are four buttons. None of them
> are about playing the video.

The previously recorded list has nothing to do with TV playback, but
everything to do with how MythTV's duplicate detection works. If you
want MythTV to forget it ever recorded a particular show (or episode
of that show) you can remove them using this interface.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/