[mythtv-users] multi-encoder backend: confused about which chanels are on which encoder

Seth Hettich sjh at zorak.net
Wed Feb 14 23:25:44 UTC 2007

ivtv-detect confirms that /dev/video0 is the pcHDTV3k, and that
/dev/video1 is the pvr-150

one bit: when I go into mythtv-setup and configure the pcHDTV...

I have always used it as DVB-input, and it worked .  But now sometimes
it has an error in there about the card not responding, or the device
being in use (I'm not at home right now so I can't be sure).  If I
switch to the other driver (the pcHDTV specific one) then later in the
step where you connect up the program source to the card there is
always an error.
So, when I get that I generally restart myth and re-run setup and I
can configure it with the DVB driver.

I'm not sure if that's related to the channel->card mapping or not...

I wish I had a better understanding of how myth deals with input cards
and program sources for scheduling.

-Seth