[mythtv-users] 24 Fox HD - scheduling issue

Gary M garymcm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:18:52 UTC 2007

I am in a Charter market and had an issue with 24 this week.

I had the schedule set to record one showing per week, new episodes
only. This was working fine until this week. When I checked the box
around 8:20pm ET I found 24 was not recording. The reason it gave was
that myth thought the episode had already been recorded.

I proceeded to change the scheduled recording in a multitude of ways,
but each time it felt the episode has been recorded before. I used
various title and description combinations for dupe matching, though
24's title includes the hour of the day covered in that episode, so
title in theory should be unique.

The only thing I found that looked odd was that in the bottom right of
the "Previously Scheduled Airings" list there is a EPG string. For the
episode in question that string ended in 038. However last week's
episode ended in 039. I checked a few other programs I record and that
string increments for each new episode. In fact this episode of 24 was
the first time I saw the value decrement for the newer episode.

I have been a myth user for a couple of years and this is the first
time I have had this problem. Any help understanding what happened
would be appreciated. I did notice that next week's is in the Upcoming
List and is scheduled to be recorded.

--
Gary M