[mythtv-users] WinTV-NOVA-T-500 - buying in the UK

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Wed Feb 14 08:38:27 UTC 2007

Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 14/02/07, dave at theansells.com <dave at theansells.com> wrote:
>> I've read on this list that the dual Nova-T card is not fully stable.
>> Cant verify myself as I have 3 single channel Nova-T cards which were
>> picked up from eBay.  (They are certainly rock solid.)
>
> The Nova-T-500 is stable apart from EIT, which occasionally causes a
> backend crash. (once every few weeks for me). A friend and I bought
> one each, and have had good success with them. If you don't use EIT
> you don't get the problem.

Sorry, what is EIT?

> There's no support for the built-in IR receiver, unfortunately. It's
> not the same as either the Nova-T PCI or the USB model.

No problems there  - I use a wireless keyboard.  As an aside is the USB
Nova supported natively in the Kernel?  I had assumed it wasn't  - I
quite like the idea of multiple USB DVB's haning out the back of my myth
box.

> You do need a 2.6.19 kernel, though - and now 2.6.20 is released, that
> probably works too, although I haven't tried it yet.

Ubuntu Edgy hasn't gotten to 2.6.19 - still on 2.6.17 - really don't
want to manage my kernel outside of apt :(

Thanks for the responses, very helpful.
--
David Campbell :: www.cpfc.org