[mythtv-users] Tuner based on Channel

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 20:08:25 UTC 2007

On 13/02/07, Michael Wisniewski <wiz561 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Use the channel editor in mythtv-setup or MythWeb.
>
> I loaded up mythweb, but can't find where to do this.  If I go into the
> 'settings' and choose 'tv', then 'channel info', I see all the channels, but
> nowhere to choose the 'tuner' to use.

You really need to use mythtv-setup. The channel editor in MythWeb is
fine for making small cosmetic changes, but for manipulating video
sources and inputs, you need to use mythtv-setup's Channel Editor,
Video Sources and Input Connections GUI.

> But what I do see is the 'sourceid', which I'm guessing is what I have to
> change.  I can go into the database table for 'capture card', and see the
> capture card id's, and then go into the 'channel' table and change the
> sourceid to match the capture card id....but is this the correct way to do
> this?

If the grabber you use to get your listings requires being configured
when you configure the video source it is attached to in mythtv-setup,
you can not simply change the sourceid in MythWeb, as any underlying
configuration will also need to be amended.

As things stand currently, do you have all channels (2-101+)available
on all of your video sources?

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: