[mythtv-users] STEP 3 Destroy your TV

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:46:01 UTC 2007

I have a Toshiba 50hm66 DLP HD set that I have connected to a geexbox
(linux media player) machine via S-video. I am tempted to try a
DVI-HDMI adapter for hookup, but the TVs owners manual says it is not
designed for PC use. I have asked on the avs forums, but nobody has
any definitive answers on whether this is a serious risk, or not. One
poster got a response from Toshiba saying that as long as you stay
under the set's native 60Hz refresh, you'll be OK. I am not an expert,
but I didnt think there was a "refresh" for a non CRT display such as
DLP. Any comments? I plan to hook up my future Mythbox via the HDMI,
so knowing if it will fry my TV beforehand could be useful info.
-J