[mythtv-users] building from source for NVIDIA xvmc

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 13 17:59:17 UTC 2007

Is there some magic incantation I have to do to build 0.20-fixes for
nVidia XvMC  support?

When I run ./configure  --enable-xvmc the configure script tells me I am
using libXvMC....  ISTR that once I got it to say libXvMCNVIDIA but I
can't swear to that.

I do know that enabling / disabling xvmc makes no difference to my
choppy playback, so I figure I would start back with building myth, and
make sure I am doing all the right things.

Should I build against nVidia's libXvMCNVIDIA or the generic libXvMC?
And if I should use nVidia's lib, how do I tell myth to build against it?

--Yan