[mythtv-users] Strange Issue with Myth and HDHomeRun

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 14:01:34 UTC 2007

Thanks for the additional responses.  I'm really stumped on this one, so any
and all ideas and information are welcome.

The RF interference is an interesting thought.  The Myth B/E server and
IPCop machine are right next to each other, with the hub right in the same
area.  The HDHR sits on a shelf above the two systems.  The thing I don't
get with this is that the problem only happens when the F/E is in use, and
that is in a completely different room.  I guess it could be the traffic on
the IPCop machine, but I would think that other type of traffic through this
server would have a similar effect, and I'm not seeing that; it's just Myth
on the F/E.

I can't understand how it could be a network bandwidth issue, since it's
been as little as having the F/E running and sitting at the main menu that
has caused corruption in a recording.

I did some quick testing with LiveTV after setting up a new B/E on a system
on my internal (green) network.  LiveTV is where this problem first
presented itself with my current setup.  The good news everything seemed
fine.  The bad news is that after thinking about it, what did I really
prove?  Yes, the B/E is now on the internal network, but it's also on a
different system, with a different hard drive, in a different location.  So
what did I really rule out?

Looks like I'll have to try moving the production B/E system on to my
internal network.  Not to distract from my original post, because even if
the answer is changing networks, I'd like to figure out why my current setup
won't work, but anyone know what's involved for changing networks with Myth?

Thanks again.
John