[mythtv-users] SA 4200HD Channel Changer

Eric Broszeit eric.broszeit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 03:29:24 UTC 2007

I just did that for you. It broke my p2p connection and I had to restart my
backend to get myth to display TV again and reconnect the p2p.

Still have the same issue with the channel changing script. I don't know
much about C at all, but I think that the message I get about not finding
the SA4200HD comes from me having a different vendor_id and model_id. I have
no idea how to find it though. Ubuntu Device Manager lists a vendor_id that
is very different from the one in the script. It also seems to list my
SA4200 as a NEC device.

Here is that exact location of the script.
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/1671/sa4200ch.c

On 2/12/07, Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 21:35 -0500, Eric Broszeit wrote:
> > Hi Everyone. I am using the script to change channels via firewire
> > found here. http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1671 but it keeps
> > telling me that it cannot find the sa4200hd on the bus. I know its
> > there though, I am watching my TV through it. Is anyone able to take a
> > look at this and figure out why? If you have a working channel
> > changer, that would be great too.
>
> 1. Run plugreport, observe the results.
> 2. Unplug the firewire cable from the cable box.
> 3. Count to 5.
> 4. Plug it back in.
> 5. Run plugreport again, observe the results
> 6. Try changing the channel again...
>
>         -I
> --

-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=ZXJpYy5icm9zemVpdDYzNzA%3D