[mythtv-users] Network Shares

Darren darrenmarshall at linuxfire.biz
Tue Feb 13 03:04:22 UTC 2007

It will mostly likely be samba denying permission. The samba config file is
usually /etc/samba/smb.conf check it for write access to your share and then
it will only allow access to the user that is logged in. You can cut a corner
and allow global access with a security setting of share.
In the [global] section of smb.conf put in or change   security = share   this
is the least secure of settings but will help pin down your problem. A last
word, samba has it's own security file,  you can use    smbpasswd -a username
to add a user with no password, the option -a can only be used by root.