[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: Is XFS the best choice?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Mon Feb 12 17:50:32 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 03:43, Jeremy Hunt wrote:
> My Myth box using XFS
> would crash constantly when recording 3 shows while watching a fourth,
> basically heavy IO. After a bit of frustration I found the notes about
> using 8k stack kernels when using XFS and made the switch. It's been 4
> months now and no crashes since.

Would somebody mind providing a pointer to how to make this change? I've seen
it mentioned from time to time on this list, and I just Googled for it and
found quite a few references to 4K vs. 8K stacks, but I have yet to see any
reference to HOW to change it. I don't recall noticing such an option in the
kernel configuration options (I have compiled the Linux kernel more times
than I can remember), but it's possible I've just overlooked it. My apologies
if I am overlooking the obvious, but if this ISN'T an obvious option, a
pointer to instructions on how to set it (or verify current settings) would
be helpful.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com