[mythtv-users] Interference lines in all recordings

Tim Gray tim at p-a-a-i.com
Mon Feb 12 13:44:29 UTC 2007

I was silly and built a nice tiny setup. 2 pci slots only and it's a
micro itx with everything built on board as it's a backend recorder
only. I have not tried the move the wores around although at the start I
tye wraped all wires away from the cards as far as I could go assuming
that anything inside the case will mess with the cards to begin with.  I
will try soldering down the can caps, I am sure it will help if it does
not fix the problem.  I also never thought of the over/underclocking
thing.  I'll give that a try and see what happens with the recordings.
I was also thinking of cutting a piece of aluminum and grounding it, and
wrap it in electrical tape and slide it in-between the two cards just in
case they are interfering with each other.

the 3 motherboard screws are tight, the rest are those teflon standoffs.

Thanks a ton for your help and ideas, I'll see what happens with all
these different suggestions and report back.