[mythtv-users] Diskless

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Feb 11 23:09:39 UTC 2007

Rich West wrote:
> Richard Stanaford wrote:

Got the kernel built and performed a few tests.  I realized that I
needed to do a little more work in order to get it to work, so I put it
off until this weekend.

First off, while the Fedora GUI is nice, I just don't like not knowing
what it is really doing in the backend.  As such, it was next to
impossible to debug what was going on when I couldn't get things to work
(disklessrc init not found, etc). :(  I find it ironic that I can
net-install a bunch of various versions of the OS and net-install
Windows as well, but can't seem to get a diskless setup to play nice.
It's one of those things that just seems *so* close..  Ugh.  I tried it
by hand, and tried the GUI.. I think I got a little farther with the
GUI, but, still, both turned up as failures..

-Rich