[mythtv-users] Setting up a USB IR receiver (Streamzap)

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Sun Feb 11 20:37:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 03:08:41PM -0500, Chris Weiland wrote:
> Perhaps something broke in lirc?  I'm not sure what to make of it.  Dan, let
> me know how it turns out for you.  I'd be interested to know how you set up
> your streamzap and how reliable it is once your hardware arrives.  If you
> could, include kernel versions, lirc versions, etc.

Sure. Not to turn this into the perpetual "what are you running"
thread, but here's what I have arriving:

Antec Overture HTPC case
MSI K8TNEO2-F V2.0 motherboard
AMD64 3500
1 GB DDR400
Seagate 320 GB
Samsung 18X DVD+/-R(W)
Asus GeForce MX4000 64MB VGA/DVI/composite
StreamZap USB/IR remote control
Hauppauge 500MCE
HDHomeRun

I'll be running Debian Etch, and start with MythTV from the
debian-multimedia.org repository.

-dsr-

--