[mythtv-users] Setting up a USB IR receiver (Streamzap)

Chris Weiland hobbiticus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 18:30:41 UTC 2007

Ah, ok.  I'll have to look into that.

By the way, how reliable is your streamzap?  I'm having a hell of a time
trying to use irrecord to program the buttons.  Also when I cat /dev/lirc0
and just hold down one button, I don't get one character repeating or some
pattern of repeating characters.  I would expect to at least get some sort
of pattern when I just hold down a button, with maybe some variance due to
repeat codes or something.  I'm beginning to wonder if the driver is borked
or the receiver is bad.

What happens in irrecord is that it finds all of the info about the remote
like signal length, headers, etc., but then when I try to program the keys,
it says "something went wrong".  I'm not sure what to make of it.