[mythtv-users] Help moving /video from a single drive to a LVM mount point

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 18:31:43 UTC 2007

On 10/02/07, Jeffrey Born <jeff.born at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating one big /video directory spanning two drives using LVM.  I
> already had /video and have done all the LVM stuff on the new drive.  I then
> mounted it like this:
>
> mount /dev/VGforMyth/video /videotemp
>
> I then copied all the video information from /video to /videotemp
>
> I now want to mv /video to /video2 but get the following: mv: cannot move
> `video' to `video2': Device or resource busy

A process is accessing the /video directory. Is /video a regular
directory in your root mounted filesystem, or is it a mount point for
a separate partition?

> How do I go about moving the video directory and then getting the videotemp
> directory named vidoe?

First, sort out the /video directory issue above. To "move" the
/videotemp directory to /video you need to alter the LVM mount command
to mount the LVM volume to the /video mountpoint.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/