[mythtv-users] Brightness on nVidia FX6200 TC

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 05:19:47 UTC 2007

I can't adjust my brightness.  DVDs as well as shows play too dark.

I changed the BoardName option in xorg.conf to be the result of an
lspci, which is "nVidia Corporation GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM) (rev
a1)".

I also reviewed posts about similar behavior, which is when I try to
adjust any of the options on "Adjust Picture", it goes from whatever
the preset value is (53% for brightness for example), to -1.

I found some posts about some settings in .nvidia-settings-rc, but
nothing seems to help.

I'm on a month old SVN, FC5, and this appeard immediately after my
upgrade from the regular .20 ATRPMS distro to the SNV branch.

Any thoughts?