[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on PPC OSX?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 10 03:53:50 UTC 2007

On 10 Feb 2007, at 02:17, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2007, at 7:05 PM, Stroller wrote:
>> On 10 Feb 2007, at 00:57, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>> .... I'm not much of a Mac guy. What's the proper way to really
>>> install
>>> this so that it works for anyone that's logged on? When I double
>>> click
>>> on your .dmg file I get a broser that shows the file which I simply
>>> dragged ot my desktop to test but there must be a better way to do
>>> this. Should I be putting in the Application folder?
>>
>> Any user can run it by double-clicking on the .app (or from a
>> terminal `open /path/to/someProgram.app`) as long as the Unix file
>> permissions are suitable.
>
> Put it in the dock do folks can fine it easily, or use TigerLaunch to
> start it from the menu bar.

The icon in the dock is just a shortcut, tho'.
Other users won't be able to run the program unless the app's bundle
is already somewhere they can read & execute it.
Hence the need to drag & drop it somewhere like Applications.

I _think_ also that the dock is user-specific (see "~/Library/
Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist", note the "~/") so in order for
other users to find it easily in the dock he'd have to log on as each
user in turn & drag the program there for them.

Stroller.