[mythtv-users] pchdtv 5500, verizon fios, and ota, oh my!

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:10:55 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Andrew Kimpton <awk at awkward.org> wrote:
> Kurt Yoder wrote:
> > On Feb 8, 2007, at 10:28 PM, Andrew Kimpton wrote:
> > What kind of set top box are you using? I have a Motorola QIP 2500-1.
> > How were you able to find the unencrypted channels?
> >

> I have the same Motorola QIP 2500 settop box. However it doesn't
> 'figure' in the equation, I just connect the coax directly to the
> HDHomeRun (in much the same way the other responder described). If you
> want to use the settop box you'll need a firewire connection between it
> and the Myth Backend machine - you'll still find however that the fast
> majority of channels are encrypted.

Andrew - have you found all the HD OTA channels to be in the clear
over firewire?  For me,  ABC, CBS, and either CW or the former UPN
station have some kind of copy protection, but all the other HD OTA
stations are clear.  I've just been using QAM because of that, but it
would be nice to have another HD input for Myth.

-Jerry