[mythtv-users] pchdtv 5500, verizon fios, and ota, oh my!

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:27:06 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Kurt Yoder <ktymyth at yoderhome.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:52 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> I must have been scanning it incorrectly. I just hooked the fios
> cable back up to the 5500 and tried scanning a few different ways.
> Now I'm getting locks, but I'm not sure what to do next. I scanned
> using scan type "full scan", frequency table "cable high", atsc
> modulation "qam 64" (also tried "qam 128" and "qam 256").

I think I used cable irc for frequency table.  There's info in the
wiki about setting up QAM channels - that's where I figured out what
to do.

> After the scan is done, on channels 78-86, I see "no signal". On
> channels 87-123 I get "no tables". It seems to have found something
> on channel 123, but isn't sure what to call it; default was
> "UNKNOWN123#6". On channels 124-159 I get "no tables".

My HD channels were all in th 70's, and my SD channels were in the
50's and 60's.  I had one thing on 123, I think it was a religious
channel.  Then there was a whole range, maybe in the 40's? that got
locks but didn't have anything on them.  I have no idea whether
Verizon in different areas uses different channel ranges.

> > In any case, did you check the wiki or the mailing list archive to see
> > if there's anything about configuring a 5500 for QAM use?
> >

> I'm looking around Google and the myth lists but not seeing anything
> about the aforementioned issues.

wiki.mythtv.org.