[mythtv-users] What's up with the PVR-150?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 22:57:12 UTC 2007

On 08/02/07, Andrew Leahy <aleahy at knox.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was looking into getting a PVR-150, but when I looked at the reviews
> at newegg.com they're getting a big thumbs down in recent weeks from
> linux users because Hauppauge has apparently started replacing them with
> relabeled HVR-1600's:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?Item=N82E16815116625
>
> Evidently, the chip in this card isn't supported by the ivtv driver.
> Does anybody know if this is a long term problem?  Will there eventually
> be support for this card through the ivtv driver?  Are there other mpeg2
> cards which are equally cheap?

I read in a forum/list that this was a temporary swap-out due to low
stocks of the PVR-150 card over Christmas. The PVR-150 card is
currently listed on Hauppauge's website as their best-seller, so I
hope they don't drop it completely.

Have you thought about getting a PVR-500? That way you get two
PVR-150s and twice as much recording power!

ivtv support could only (and may never) be acheived if the specs for
the new unsupported hardware on the HVR-1600 card are made available.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/