[mythtv-users] Newbie setup problem: Image display issue Westinghouse LVM 37w1 and NVidia GeForce 6150 ( ABIT NF-M2 nView Socket AM2 )

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 22:46:47 UTC 2007

I am in the process of getting my MythTv configuration working but have been having a few issues:1.  MythTv is not filling up the whole screen, the image has 2 vertical bar on either side .. 2.  I am running Ubuntu 6.10 .. every time I load machine I have to reset the display resolution to 1920x1080 from 1280x800.  If I add 1920x1080 to my xorg.conf file I never get that display resolution.  I have to manually set it in GNOME usimng NVidia's utility.3.  I have not tweaked MythTv GUI size settings ...4.  If I run VLC to watch a DVD the image aspect ration looks correct.5.  I am running the latest version of MythTv from SVN as of Feb. 4.   same behavior applies to MythTv 0.20Please Advisethx im