[mythtv-users] consecutive recordings not working

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Feb 8 20:48:08 UTC 2007

David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 11:49:10PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>> That said, I can easily produce an abort with no partial file.
>> When a scheduled recording is about to start on the same tuner,
>> a menu pops up with three choices and counts down the seconds.
>> If I choose "Don't let it record, I want to watch TV" the show
>> does not record and is marked as aborted.
>
> Isn't that supposed to be an rsCancelled case?  It's been a long while
> since I looked at that code.

Ya ever noticed how many ...hundreds  of people on these lists
try their luck at replying with 'expert' advice and don't even
try the guesses that they are suggesting? A former co-worker
made a good case for the value of credibility and I try to
verify simple things before I put my foot in my mouth (but it
doesn't always work out that way =).

Before I replied, I tried a couple live to record transitions
to verify what would happen. Had I not done so, I'd confidently
say that choosing to continue would mark the scheduled show as
"c", rsCancelled. However, in practice it actually results in
rsAborted.

The next unexpected thing that happened is that I had other
inputs for that source. When I exited the live session a few
minutes later, the aborted show found a lower numbered input
that was available and started to record on the other card, 2,
at the time that I exited the live session on card 4.

--  bjm