[mythtv-users] table marked as crashed

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Feb 8 18:43:56 UTC 2007

The other night, my wife nearly had a heart attack when she saw that
there was nothing in the guide.  It seems that earlier in the day when
mythfilldatabase ran, it came across one of the tables which was marked
as "crashed" by mysql.  However, it still ran and happily emptied the guide.

I had no problems repairing the table (logged in to mysql, executed
"repair table <tablename>;") and re-running mythfilldatabase manually.

So.. the question: is there a way to automate the detection of this
particular error condition and either try to self recover *or* send some
sort of email-based alert?  I looked at the filldata.cpp code, and,
honestly, I know enough about C++ to turn and go screaming for the hills. :)

-Rich