[mythtv-users] Laggy time-seeks?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 8 18:01:55 UTC 2007

On Feb 8, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Don't know if it could cause a problem, but I've been running with
> grabber suggests time and with the daily optimize_mythdb.pl job for a
> couple of years, now, and haven't experienced any issues.  I guess the
> DB is doing it's job of managing table access appropriately.

Or you've just been lucky. The odds on the times coinciding are low
but finite.

I wasn't so much worried about DB access as timing out the MFDB job,
but even in that case it would fail and get corrected the next day I
guess. No real harm unless a last-minute change didn't get picked up
on something you had scheduled and wasn't repeated again.

I guess I really do have better things to worry about, but it *could*
happen.