[mythtv-users] STEP 3 Destroy your TV

Peter Ebert ebertp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:56:44 UTC 2007

I'm new to the whole mythtv thing, been weighing the options of installing
according to wilsonet.com or useing a package, like knoppmyth. So I've
been reading through everything to see what would be the best path when I
read under step 3 for the Knoppmyth setup that you can destroy your tv if
you dont have /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 setup correctly.  Why haven't I seen
this anywhere else?

Also, it doesnt mention what/how to change the refresh rate.  I have found
some more information on knoppMythWiki but nothing very clear (to me).

I'm going to be using a nVidia 7300 LE that has S-Video out, eventually i'd
like to use the hdmi (once I pony up the cash for an HD). Anyone know if I
need to be worried and how to go about not breaking TVs.

I'm a total noob so spelling things out for me would be appreciated, I hope
I asked this question in the right place.

Peter