[mythtv-users] Where are you? was: PCI Express 1X tuners?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Feb 8 16:23:09 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:

> But this points out a problem I've seen which seems to be getting worse:
>
> Many times folks post problems or questions to which the answers
> depend to some extent on the location of the poster (NTSC vs. PAL,
> legal issues, listings sources, digital modes etc.)

I agree; I try to post location, but sometimes I forget...

One thing that would help is a list that might help sort out the
alphabet soup, telling us which particular acronym applies to what part
of the world.

I know PAL, NTSC and NTSC-JP, just because I've lived in those three
parts of the world.  AFAIK, those are analog standards.  But I am not at
all sure of the various digital acronyms for any part of the world.

So is there a list somewhere that says, Botswana: analog- ABCD,
digital-WXYZ?

--Yan