[mythtv-users] What's up with the PVR-150?

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:17:23 UTC 2007

For those wondering why, I copied and pasted an excerpt from newegg...

*Pros:* The HVR-1600 is the same as the PVR-150 WITH an ATSC tuner (Over the
Air HDTV) Works Great in Windows XP/Vista

*Cons:* A LOT of people buy the PVR-150 to use in LINUX with MythTV. Since
this card is actually a HVR-1600, with NO IVTV drivers, this card is
basically unusable under Linux unless the IVTV guys decide to incorporate
this card into IVTV. No outside labeling on the PVR-150 box to indicate that
you are not getting an actual PVR-150.

*Other Thoughts:* I bought this card (as I'm sure did others before me) with
the intent to use it with Linux/MythTV. Unfortunatly, instead of a PVR-150
card, I recieved a HVR-1600 card, which is like a PVR-150 with an ATSC
tuner. Nice card, if you're using Windows XP/Vista, but pretty much
worthless under Linux as the guys that maintain the driver (IVTV) don't seem
interested in supporting this card. Look into the PVR-250/350/500 folks,
unless you plan to use this card in Windows.