[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-Users} Mythmail Dead? anyone confirm deny....

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 05:46:32 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, Bill <Bill at explosivo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:39:12 +1300
> "Steve Hodge" <stevehodge at gmail.com> spake:
>
> > On 2/7/07, Bill <Bill at explosivo.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > I, for one, think a mail client in Mythtv is not a great idea.  Maybe
> > > menu entry to spawn an external one or something.  I can't speak for
> > > anyone but me, but using a remote to enter an email text just makes me
>
> > > shudder.  I can't stand the mini-keyboard on my phone, much less a T9
> > > or something.
> >

> > Don't assume that everyone using Myth is doing so with only a remote.
> I'm
> > using a wireless keyboard. I used to have a remote as well, but I never
> use
> > it.
> >
> > Steve
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> I don't assume that... I actually have a BTC wireless myself (yes, its
> well worth the $35).  I still would probably not be doing email
> composing on it.
>
> He had mentioned that particular scenario in his post so I was
> addressing that.
>
> See ya

Sorry My bad.....

you are right a couple of my friends use there Mythboxes for almost
everything.

I got the version before that a year or so ago, It does not have the
handles. But i found that the IR was crap. it would, like, stick the button
down and fill the screen with a repeating number. (the button was not stuck
down.) tried new batteries, rechargeable and corse words directed at it.

But that is what the wife wants. I deal with emails everyday, all day. I
dont know if i wanna do it on the media center as well......... but it would
be handy. I guess.

thanks
CH