[mythtv-users] Comm. Flagger

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 8 03:57:31 UTC 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 8:10 PM, Mitchell Gore wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am some what new to MythTV.  I got everything recording and set
> up.  The commercial flagger was working but now all the sudden its
> not catching any commercials.  I dont think I have changed
> anything.  What could be causing this?  When i look at MythWeb it
> says the commercial flagger ran but caught 0 breaks.

The flagger is not 100% effective, but it can certainly approach that
on some channels, especially in the USA.

Do you see any correlation between flagger effectiveness and the
channel being flagged? Or perhaps the type of programming and the
effectiveness?

Try a setting of "all" for methods of detection, if you are not using
that already.