[mythtv-users] Intel 2.8MHz PAINFULLY SLOOOOOW Transcoding/nuvexport - .6 frames per second? - Suggestions

Dmitry Shesterin dscheste at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:09:53 UTC 2007

I have Edgy Eft running MythTV .20 on an Intel 2.8MHz and 640Mb RAM.

When I use nuvexport --transcode and select XVID codec, the
conversion rate is about 2 frames per second... DIVX is about 6.

I have been using similar codecs on Windows with a slower machine and
speed there was in a range of 30 frames.

Could anybody give me some pointers as how to increase the speed or
why is it so slow?

Codecs? Anything else?

Thanks.

Cheers,