[mythtv-users] FAQ about LIRC and Video...

david abbey zam62 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 18:57:22 UTC 2007

LIRC FAQ:
I have made my own IR serial receiver and have
installed LIRC.  However, when I start LIRC and
IRW/mode2, I get no response when pressing a remote
control button.
is there a way to deduce whether this is a remote
issue, an LIRC issue, or an IR receiver issue?  Can I
safely deduce that it is not a LIRC issue because IRW
and mode2 get connected?  Does it make a difference on
what remotes are being used; doe the IR/LIRC grab the
button press regardless?

VIDEO FAQ:
I have ripped a couple of my DVD's to play on my
mythbox.  One of them plays fine and the other is
choppy.  The only difference that I can see is that
one VOB was 8Gb and the other only 4Gb. Does Gt
rendering Vs OpenGl rendering matter while watching
vids? Any info will be appreciated.

Here are my specs:
mythtv-20
backend P4/1.3Gh