[mythtv-users] Playback stutters just before fade to black

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 7 14:54:42 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I recently did a major update on my backend, part of which involved going from
ivtv 0.2 to ivtv 0.9.  After I did this, I began noticing that playback of my
recorded tv is stuttering about a second before any black/very dark screen.
This only occurs on my slowest frontend (P3  733/256MB).

The question are, why would videos recorded using ivtv 0.9 need more CPU than
those recorded using ivtv 0.2?  Why does fade to black require the most CPU
to play?  Why would the stutter  start a second or 2 before the fade to
black?   Most importantly, what can I do to fix it???

Mark