[mythtv-users] DVD -vs Recordings

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 7 13:45:07 UTC 2007

Trey Thompson wrote:
> Just noticed...  my ripped ISO files play the perfect size on my TV,
> but recordings just don't seem to fit right (95% OK, but just not
> exact).
>
> Totally no big deal, I just thought the video to the screen would be
> about the same...
>
> I'm on a week old SVN, FC5, nVidia 6200 TC.
>
> Just curious...

I have noticed this playing back recordings as well, I recently upgraded
my second front end to .20, it's been sitting idle for a couple weeks
(no time).  It's connected to the TV via S-Video.  This setup has worked
well.  I setup a  720x480 mode in X and instruct the nvidia driver to
use the s-video and what format.  The gui uses the entire screen playing
back video is a bit narrow.  I can see pillars on the sides.  I figured
I did something wrong and haven't been back to investigate further.
Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing this problem.