[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy - MythWeb

Richard Stanaford rstanaford at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 07:48:24 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank's stroller I'll keep that in mind.
>
> So, currently these are "assume" what modules are loaded. Since I
> created the sim link why doesn't mod_rewrite appear?
>
> mythtv at mythtv2:/etc$ sudo apache2 -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_access.c
>   mod_auth.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_logio.c
>   mod_env.c
>   mod_setenvif.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_mime.c
>   mod_status.c
>   mod_autoindex.c
>   mod_negotiation.c
>   mod_dir.c
>   mod_alias.c
>   mod_so.c

Heya,

I'm a FreeBSD guy and have not had much experience with Linux.  But I think
that output is telling you which modules have been compiled in to Apache.

Whenever you add functionality to Apache, such as the ability to interpret
PHP content, for example, not only does the module have to exist in a
directory path that Apache knows how to look in, but it must appear in the
httpd.conf (or whatever configuration file that Apache under Linux uses) so
it knows that it needs to load the module.

In FreeBSD, that file lives in /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf.  In order
to configure your web server to answer for your network, you had to edit a
similar file and it is there that mod_rewrite needs to appear as a loadable
module, as well as physically in the modules directory.

I hope this helps,
-Rich