[mythtv-users] pdflush is killing me

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Wed Feb 7 03:05:41 UTC 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 11:36 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> I've read that the "conventional wisdom" is to use JFS but that was
> a magazine article that had some other questionable stuff in it so
> I'd investigate myself. The main thing was, I think, that JFS could
> delete large files quickly, less important now with the slow erases.

In a non-MythTV environment I had some bad experiences with JFS under
very heavy load and that pushed me to try ext3 for my MythTV box.
However, performance recording/playing/working with HDTV files using
ext3 in my MythTV box was so bad I moved to JFS for /var/video and
that cleared things right up.

So +1 for JFS and MythTV.

--
Scott