[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-Users} Mythmail Dead? anyone confirm deny....

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Wed Feb 7 01:29:27 UTC 2007

I'm about halfway done with a perl script to call mythtvosd when new
mails come in.

I, for one, think a mail client in Mythtv is not a great idea.  Maybe a
menu entry to spawn an external one or something.  I can't speak for
anyone but me, but using a remote to enter an email text just makes me
shudder.  I can't stand the mini-keyboard on my phone, much less a T9
or something.

The only reason this enthralled me so far is that sometimes I am
waiting for an email to come in, but don't want to check email every
few minutes.

I'll post a link to this script when its done, if anyone wants it, it
will be there.  no warranty or support expressed or implied, yada yada

Oh... mythtvosd - coolest thing!  I never actually played with it till
tonight, but it has to be the coolest thing since mythtv.  Kudos to
whoever wrote that in!

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:17:51 +1100
"Chris Henderson" <jchendo at gmail.com> spake: