[mythtv-users] hauppauge pvr 350 shows black & white (grey) output only

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 23:34:53 UTC 2007

On 06/02/07, Erik Mouw <mouw at nl.linux.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 10:01:06PM +0100, Dr. Johannes Zellner wrote:
> > I've trouble getting colored svideo output with my PVR 350. I connected
> > my TV with the PVR 350 video output by two cables
> >
> >     1. The adapter cable which comes with the card and has svideo and
> >     audio cinch outputs.
> >     2. a svideo - scart cable which feeds the svideo signal from the
> >     adapter-cable into the TV scart input. (the TV is able to handle
> >     svideo).
>
> Use the SCART cable only, it carries chroma and luma signals like the
> S-video connector, but also both audio signals.

The adapter cable (1) converts the output on the back of the PVR-350
into 4 usable sockets - S-video, composite, L&R phono for audio -
which in turn need regular A/V cables to connect to a TV or VCR. I
would say Johannes has his connections setup correctly - this is how I
have had my PVR-350 connected in the past - albeit with the audio and
video from the PVR-350 fed into a SCART adapter which is connected to
the TV.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: