[mythtv-users] Only seing channel from one source?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Feb 6 21:07:45 UTC 2007

Jan Johansson wrote:
>> What does it mean to "see"?
>
> I mean that it does not record "Kanal 5" from Video source "Antenn",
> only from Video Source "ComHem" (My STB).
> Other channels that are present in both sources schedules just fine on
> the "Antenn" video source.

It no longer matters but what I was looking for was 'I went
to this page and pressed this button to try to schedule a
recording but when I went to this other page I saw this'.

> Here we definitely have a problem. And yes, chanid 1001 is the one "Not"

This was the first of about five guesses.

> recording
> I guess I need to figure out what my grabber is doing then?
>
> mysql> select count(*) from program where chanid=1001;
>
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |        0 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

> (side note here: Does myth need chaninfo for all channels on all
> sources? I thought that if it had one listing and "knew" that the
> channels where the same, it would be good enough?)

Here is a key point I am trying to make in the HOWTO. Stations
(buildings) and channels (frequencies) are not the same thing.
Sounds self-evident, right? =) Each channel needs it's own info
like freqid, brightness, video source, etc. There needs to be
program info associated with each channel so we can look up
what shows are available for that chanid. If two or more channels
are from the same station (building) that doesn't mean that they
are in the same timezone, there isn't local programming, the
station is only carried part time, etc. There are many examples
of these differences. Even if the listings are identical, we
still need to know which programs match chanid=1001.

Anyway, I'm glad you resolved this. You should be able to reset
your card numbers and be set for years to come.

--  bjm