[mythtv-users] NAS RAID 5 for MythTv

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Feb 6 17:46:53 UTC 2007

Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> says:
> > Actually I have 9 Front ends, 4 Backends, 6 Directv receivers and
> > capture cards, 4 Security cameras with associated capture cards,
> > and nearly 5 TB of Video/Audio/Photos. The reason I am looking at
> > NAS is to move all my storage out of the Backends. My goal is to
> > use 3 old mini-tower cases with 4 500 GIG drives each all on a
> > Gigabit backbone.

> Ok, you win. Yeechang has been beaten!

Yes and no. Jeffery's setup crushes mine on the variety and quantity
of hardware (I'm a single guy in an apartment and just need one
frontend and two backends, and I suppose having Mythfrontend available
on my Macbook counts as another frontend), but I am still comfortably
on top in terms of RAID-backed storage available for MythTV.