[mythtv-users] Transcoded DVD files && ac3

nasa01 at comcast.net nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 6 16:04:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have successfully ripped dvd files from some TV shows I am trying to store on my harddrive (Battlestar Gallatica - Season 2).  The resulting files play fine, except no ac3 audio is passed through my s/pdif connection.  When I play the dvd, the audio comes through just fine.  What may I be missing?  I am recording the shows at the "excellent" setting.  And I have the encode with AC3 selected.  Finally, looking at the mplayer command line (alt-ctrl-f1 and looking at the output) it show ac3 is there, but it doesn't show up on my receiver.

Oh, one bonus question -- what's the best way to start mtd?  It doesn't start at bootup and pressing 0 doesn't work (wrong path?).  I start it at the command line, and all works fine from there.

Thanks for the help.

Nasa