[mythtv-users] firewire: test-mpeg OK, but can't record in myth

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:59:07 UTC 2007

I had firewire working quite well until yesterday. I was playing
around with trying to get some of the hi-def channels to work, when
things went bad. I was able to record from all of the NTSC channels,
and also FOX and ABC ATSC channels. I was actually doing this through
ssh and mythweb. When I tried to record from NBC, mythweb indicated an
error (B where the number of MB should be). I have never been able to
record NBC or CBS ATSC channels, but I thought I would give it a try
since things were working so well.

Big mistake! When I got home X was locked up. After rebooting,
firewire no longer works through myth. I can record with test-mpeg
just fine. I am using 0.20. Anyone know if the firewire code is
improved in SVN trunk? I have found it to be somewhat unreliable.
Don't get me wrong: Mythtv is awesome and I REALLY appreciate all of
the work that the developers have done. Just would like to figure out
what the deal is with my firewire.