[mythtv-users] It works!

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Tue Feb 6 11:21:28 UTC 2007

> On 05/02/07, Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.com> wrote:
>

>> It seems that I can only do all of this if I log in as 'mythtv' at log
>> in time, but I think that may be a qeculiarity of all of the Ubuntu
>> guides. I'm failry sure I haven't missed anything, but mythfrontend wont
>> work if I run it as my own user.
>>

> Compare the contents of /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt (the login that
> works) with /home/$YOURUSER/.mythtv/mysql.txt (your normal user) and
> see if there are any differences.

Thanks for the idea Nick, but they're idendical:

DBHostName=192.168.0.2
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL3

# Set the following if you want to use something other than the
# machine's real hostname for identifying settings in the database.
# This is useful if your hostname changes often, as otherwise
# you'll need to reconfigure mythtv (or futz with the DB) every time.
# TWO HOSTS MUST NOT USE THE SAME VALUE
#
# LocalHostName=mythbox

# If you want your frontend to be able to wake your MySQL server
# using WakeOnLan, have a look at the following settings:
#
# Set the time the frontend waits (in seconds) between reconnect tries.
# This should be the rough time your MySQL server needs for startup
#WOLsqlReconnectWaitTime=0
#
#
# This is the amount of retries to wake the MySQL server until the frontend
# gives up
#WOLsqlConnectRetry=5
#
#
# This is the command executed to wake your MySQL server.
#WOLsqlCommand=echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'

The
# LocalHostName=mythbox
line has been un-hashed out in the past, but I re-hashed it when I was
fixing things.

I seem to have got two 'roots' now though (if that's the corect
terminoligy). For example, if I log into Ubuntu using user 'mythtv',
pass 'mythtv', then whenever I use 'sudo' in the terminal, the password
I need is 'mythtv'. When I log into my normal user and use sudo, the
password I need is my usual password. This is probably normal but
thought I should mention it just in case it points out what's going on.

Cheers
Damian