[mythtv-users] Firewire with Comcast SA 8300HD?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 03:42:33 UTC 2007

I've search the wiki, gossamer and googled... hoping someone could
answer a simple question (reason I'm asking is I would need to buy a
firewire adaptor or new motherboard for my mythbox):

Can I use firewire to capture TV from the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD
box supplied by Comcast? Anyone have this setup *working*? Secondary
to that, would I also be able to capture HD content/channels?

Alternatively, I assume I could use my existing external IR channel
changing and coax to tune the box with my PVR-350? I realize doing
this I'd have no hope of recording HD.

Thanks,
-Kenneth